- Austin/San Francisco, TX/CA, United States
- I'm a young Stylish Fashionista, basic Bad Ass with a really killer wardrobe. Working in Austin TX and San Francisco CA constantly surrounded by Chic people and Fab places. I hope you enjoy musing on the Fashion,Design,Photography and Events and everything else people would find Fab and Chic
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Paris Fashion Week: Christian Dior RTW Fall 2011
The house of Christian Dior has experienced a great upheaval since it fired John Galliano for making anti-Semitic remarks, but the show went on earlier today to a subdued crowd of attendees. And the mood continued in the collection, which was devoid of Galliano's trademark dramatic theatrics in makeup and design. Instead, the house showed a more tailored and elegant collection composed of tweed skirts, velvet trousers, decadent fur coats, and jacquard knickers, along with floor-sweeping capes and coats. However, it was the evening wear that caught our attention: muted pastel-hued ruffled dresses appeared evoking a soft ethereal feel, and for the more dramatic, the brand created sheer lace gowns paired with streamlined blazers.
* Trends: Boudoir-inspired gowns, tweed suiting, jacquard prints, ruffle embellishments.
* Colors: Olive, blue, mustard, dark red, pale pink, light blue.
* Key Looks: Dark red velvet and chiffon dress, sheer lace gown and blazer.
* Accessories: Lace-up ankle and over-the-knee boots, floppy felt hats, fur stoles.
* Who Would Wear It: Women looking to add drama to their look.
Posted by Mesh at 7:49 AM