About Me

My photo
Austin/San Francisco, TX/CA, United States
I'm a young Stylish Fashionista, basic Bad Ass with a really killer wardrobe. Working in Austin TX and San Francisco CA constantly surrounded by Chic people and Fab places. I hope you enjoy musing on the Fashion,Design,Photography and Events and everything else people would find Fab and Chic

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rachel Zoe

Rachel Zoe proudly bared her baby bump for a special issue of The Hollywood Reporter. She was so happy with the article that she tweeted, "pinch me — such a beautiful piece!" The superstar stylist, who's expecting a son with her husband Rodger Berman, has been busy prepping for their new arrival with a star-studded baby shower and a stint shopping for his room. However, she's busy as always and just came off a well-regarded job dressing Anne Hathaway at the Oscars. Rachel spoke to the publication about her happiness with her select client list, loving this time in her life but still prepping for the future, and even weighed in on John Galliano's public meltdown and firing. She said:

•On the current time in her life: "I can say in all honesty that being pregnant, working with the kind of people I work with and being this businesswoman has been a really wonderful, drama-free time in my life."
•On why she went to LA: "To merge the worlds of Hollywood and fashion . . . Because I felt that there was this huge disconnect. I didn’t understand why the most glamorous place in the world wasn’t using the most glamorous clothes . . . Ten years ago, you couldn’t find a fashion photographer or couture anywhere around here. Coming out, I was fascinated by the red carpet and Old Hollywood in particular, so I was like, ‘You’ve gotta mix things up. You need to give some edge, some glamour, take some chances.'"
•On John Galliano's comments and firing: "It’s a little insane and super-sad. Anti-Semitism, racism or any prejudice is not something I tolerate. I’ve fired clients because they were anti-Semitic, or anti-everything, except what they were. . . I’ve known John Galliano and his boyfriend for years. I don’t know enough about it to make a clear statement, but if it’s true, it’s tragic."
•On her family's future: "I have this visual of me and Rodg living in this amazing house that’s not too big in the south of France, where we go for four months and just sit on the beach and make jewelry. Not to sell, just for fun and therapy. Like literally, take rocks and shells and glue them."

No comments:

Post a Comment