Courtesy of ChantecailleBy all appearances, Olivia Chantecaille is living a charmed life. A society fixture, the 36-year-old divides her time between New York, East Hampton, Paris, Capri and other envy-inducing locales. In 2009, she wed a hedge fund trader named Warren G. Grady III on St. Barts, wearing a custom-made Giambattista Valli gown. When she’s not bouncing around the social circuit or promoting her family’s botanical-based cosmetics in stores around the world, Chantecaille is engaged in a variety of charitable pursuits, many of which are in support of the arts. And her privileged perch has informed her taste — in everything from finding the best coffee in Amagansett, N.Y., to avoiding “super-shiny face” on the red carpet.
Occupation: Creative director of Chantecaille Cosmetics
Other jobs or charity pursuits: Support the ocean and endangered species, president of the Young Friends of Save Venice (focused on restoring art in Venice).
Birthplace: New York City
Languages: French, English
Current home(s): SoHo
Current obsession: My new Hydra Chic lipstick in Aster and Pom pomegranate litchi green tea.
The most overlooked beauty product: The perfect foundation.
Time spent applying makeup each day: Two minutes.
Daily uniform: Layers of silk and cashmere to keep warm.
Red carpet tip: Always apply an invisible pressed powder after makeup to avoid a super-shiny face
Pet peeve: Cold weather.
First passport stamp: Paris
Favorite place to unwind: On the beach.
Restaurants: Nobu, Little Owl, La Fontelina in Capri, Maya’s in St. Barts
In your refrigerator right now: Coconut water, Chobani Greek yogurt, Sabra hummus, organic berries
Spa: Spa at the Four Seasons in Hong Kong.
Drink: Lurisia sparkling water
Favorite designers: Love, love Giambattista Valli, Brunello Cucinelli and, of course, Philip Lim, Derek Lam, Balenciaga, Erdem and Carven.
Favorite piece of clothing in your closet: My wedding dress that my friend Giambattista Valli designed for me.
Favorite books: “Heal Your Body” by Louise Hay, “Water for Elephants” by Sara Gruen.
Favorite vacation: Safari in South Africa for my honeymoon.
Winter retreat: St. Barts
Guilty pleasure: Dark chocolate.
Olivia Chantecaille’s Hamptons
1. We love to go for boat picnics in the bay off of Shelter Island. There is nothing better than jumping on the family boat (our dog Lola included) and spending the day on the water. You really feel like you are a million miles out there and have escaped.
2. My favorite place to get delicious, fresh and local food is at Round Swamp Farm. They have the most delicious chicken salad and raspberry pies. I can’t even think about walking out of there without these favorites.
3. The past few summers I have been obsessed with paddle boarding. It’s very relaxing and a great workout too! My favorite places to go are Montauk Lake or Wiborg beach on a calm day. For the best boards, we always go to Air and Speed Surf Shop in Montauk. It has that quintessential beach-town surfer vibe.
4. Jack’s in Amagansett serves up the best cup of coffee — even the decaf has kick! It has a great neighborhood feeling and you are always bound to run into someone you know.
5. We like to head out to the Surf Lodge for music. There is nothing better than being by the water, listening to great music with friends under the stars. They always have the best live bands!
6. My favorite shops are in East Hampton. I love Calypso for their beautifully detailed caftans, simple bikinis and tissue-weight tees. Brunello Cucinelli always has the chicest layers of linen and cashmere and the Monogram Shop has the best hostess gifts, like fluffy beach towels.