About Me

My photo
Austin/San Francisco, TX/CA, United States
I'm a young Stylish Fashionista, basic Bad Ass with a really killer wardrobe. Working in Austin TX and San Francisco CA constantly surrounded by Chic people and Fab places. I hope you enjoy musing on the Fashion,Design,Photography and Events and everything else people would find Fab and Chic

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Vogue's Contributing Editor Home

As Vogue's contributing editor, Lauren Santo Domingo is well-known for her clothes. But a glimpse inside her Flatiron home proves to be as eclectic and elegant as her wardrobe. Vogue.com recently featured the loft she shares with husband Andrés Santo Domingo--and baby will soon make three--and we chose our three favorite rooms. You can see the rest at Vogue.com.

Photographs by Claiborne Swanson Frank. Captions courtesy of Vogue.com.



This is our living room, which is mainly used for entertaining guests. In the middle of the coffee table is this strange glass beaker that I found by typing "weird science experiment" into eBay. We still have no idea what it is, but when I saw it, I had to buy it. I got a lot of pieces as wedding gifts, like beautiful silver vases--I have them all over the house filled with flowers. The skull was a giraffe's.




This was the guest room but I took it over to make it my office and closet--it's definitely very feminine. I had the idea of creating this tongue-and-cheek Marie Antoinette Petit Trianon look to the room. Since it's a dual-functioning space, all the doors close so I can take meetings and have fittings, and it looks professional. The desk is from Jonathan Adler, the silver dice bookends are Kelly Wearstler, and, as always, there is a pile of my scrapbooks. For as long as I can remember, I've been pulling inspiration images and items into little books and using them as reference when I'm working.




If the closet is my sanctuary, then this room is definitely my husband's domain. I am not even allowed to touch anything in it. It's where we store all of our albums, which makes it an important room because we are an all-vinyl house when it comes to music--there is no CD player and no iPod dock. The funny thing is, any time I tell my husband I like something he's playing, it suddenly becomes very uncool to him and it goes back on shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment